RockHard wrote:
Sold. :twisted:

I think it's free?

All the better. 8)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Rainbow News
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:54 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
For this year's Record Store Day (April 21), Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her late husband Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) formed before his untimely passing, will release a deluxe picture disc of RAINBOW's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll". Each picture disc is numbered and only 2,500 were made. 250 units will be held back for fans that live outside the USA and will be made available via the Niji webstore.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance Of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition Of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Oooohhh. I might have to make an exception for that one. 8)

Incidentally, how in the hell did Wendy Dio get the rights to any of Rainbow's catalog? :shock:

I can't believe Blackmore doesn't have those masters under lock and key in some dungeon in Western England somewhere. :lol:

:BB L.A. Connection

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Oooohhh. I might have to make an exception for that one. 8)

Incidentally, how in the hell did Wendy Dio get the rights to any of Rainbow's catalog? :shock:

I can't believe Blackmore doesn't have those masters under lock and key in some dungeon in Western England somewhere. :lol:

:BB L.A. Connection

Wendy talked to Candice's mother. Candice's mother wanted the cash.

Ok, I have no idea really, but at least that's a theory.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Wendy talked to Candice's mother. Candice's mother wanted the cash.

Ok, I have no idea really, but at least that's a theory.

:lol:

Could be.

Actually, the more I think about it... Deep Purple certainly singed some less-than-fair distribution/rights arrangements over the course of the 60s and 70s. That's why you have so many small label compilations of their early material... along with the big labels selling the distribution rights to any company willing to put out a $3.99 CD of 8 or 10 of their hits.

I guess it's possible that Ronnie was smart enough to get a stake in the rights up front as part of his initial deal with Blackmore when he joined the Rainbow Coalition. It could also be that Blackmore really doesn't have any interest in his pre-Renaissance pussy material and sold (or gave) rights to Niji to enable to distribute the picture disc.

That's one of those behind-the-scenes deals that fans like us rarely get to see.

:BB Gates Of Polydor

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Author Steve Wright is currently writing the first official book about the life of legendary rock singer Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITTERI). He promises it will "show you a part of the man you do not know."

Wright, who met Bonnet over 20 years ago, has decided to share some of the contents of the chapters as they are being written. Click here for a sneek peek at chapters one and two.
http://www.grahambonnet.com/#!__authorised-book

A release date for the book has not yet been announced.

In 1979, Bonnet auditioned for the frontman position in RAINBOW. With his James Dean image, the choice of Bonnet to replace Ronnie James Dio was subject to some questions. However, once the band heard Bonnet sing, they knew they had their man. With Bonnet at the mic, they recorded the "Down To Earth" LP, which became one of RAINBOW's most successful releases.

Graham moved on from RAINBOW in the early '80s to work on his solo career. He also played with MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, recorded several albums with ALCATRAZZ and had a short stint with IMPELLITTERI.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Author Steve Wright is currently writing the first official book about the life of legendary rock singer Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITTERI). He promises it will "show you a part of the man you do not know."

:shock:

Unlike the Matt Sorum book, I hope this one doesn't have a lot of pictures. After all, I don't really want to see any part of Graham Bonnet that wasn't shown on the album cover. :|

bildo wrote:
Graham moved on from RAINBOW in the early '80s to work on his solo career. He also played with MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, recorded several albums with ALCATRAZZ and had a short stint with IMPELLITTERI.

That's a short... but kick-ass stint with Impellitteri... :beerbang:

:BB Stand In Line

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On April 30, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release RAINBOW's "Live In Munich 1977" on 2CD, DVD, and 2LP.

Captured during the band's 1977 European tour, "Live In Munich" is the only full live concert ever filmed with the classic Ritchie Blackmore/Ronnie James Dio/Cozy Powell classic lineup. With newly remastered sound, this is also the first time this complete concert is available on vinyl.

RAINBOW was the brainchild of legendary guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, created in 1975 after his departure from DEEP PURPLE. A string of hit albums ignited immediate success, which persevered until 1983, when Blackmore disbanded the group (and rejoined DEEP PURPLE). Featuring the line-up of Blackmore, Cozy Powell (drums), Bob Daisley (bass), David Stone (keyboards), and premiere rock and roll vocalist Ronnie James Dio, the excitement in the air during this night was electric. This might be due, in part, to Blackmore's late arrival to Munich just before the concert, after being smuggled out of Austria after trouble with the police at a gig two nights earlier. This seemed to inspire both the band and the audience to create a truly remarkable gig.

The DVD includes original promo videos for "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll", "Gates Of Babylon" and "L.A. Connection", a photo gallery, slideshow with audio commentary, interviews, and the "Rainbow Over Texas '76" feature, which includes additional interviews and performance footage. Truly, "Live In Munich 1977" is a brilliant showcase of the primal electricity of RAINBOW.

A friend of mine let me borrow an import DVD of this show. Holy crap! Awesome doesn't begin to describe it. I wish it was coming out on blue-ray with extra bonus features. There was a cool interview on the one I saw though. Will definitely be picking this up.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Eagle Rock released 2CD and DVD versions of this show back in 2006... and AFM released 2CD sets of shows in Düsseldorf and Nürnberg from '76 in the same year:?

I don't get it... :?

And that's not to mention the older "Live In Germany," "Live In Europe 1976" and "On Stage" releases, which cover the same basic material. In fact, a lot of the earlier releases were just compiled mix-and-math versions from the 3 shows I mentioned above.

Talk about milking the cow until she farts dust... :lol:

:BB Long Live Rock N' Roll

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top