Login |  Register

Post subject: Rainbow News
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:13 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
British guitarist Mario Parga is teaming up with his old friend, singer Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITERI, MSG) to record a special CD/download single. The song is called "American Angel" and is based on Mario's previously unreleased instrumental song of the same name. Mario said recently, "I've not worked with Graham since his album 'The Day I Went Mad' in 1998. We've always had a lot in common with music and we've been good friends for over twenty years. 'American Angel' is an instrumental song I wrote a couple of years ago for my wife Shawna, and I know that Graham's voice is perfect for the vocal version. Graham likes the song too, and I can't wait to hear him sing it."

The single will be released by MidnightCafé Music later in the year. A video for the song is also in the works.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary hard rock singer Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MSG, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITTERI) make a guest appearance on the first solo album from Spain's experimental guitar player J21, entitled "Yellow Mind: Blue Mind". Bonnet can be heard on two songs — "The Edge of Now" and "The Truth Behind The Veil". Other guest musicians on the CD include Trey Gunn (KING CRIMSON, KTU, TREY GUNN BAND), Geoff Tyson (T-RIDE) and Ed Mann (FRANK ZAPPA).

For more information, visit http://www.myspace.com/j21music

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:05 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary rock singer Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MSG, ALCATRAZZ, IMPELLITTERI) is scheduled to appear on "Lyraka - Music From a Mermaid Empire", a highlights CD featuring songs from the "Lyraka" movie. According to the filmmakers, Bonnet will be the voice of the musical narrator throughout the 3D animation movie (projected release date 2011), as well as the accompanying video game.

"Lyraka" is described in a press release as "an unforgettable epic of romance, splendor and fortitude unfolds as Neires, our land hero, finds an enchanted electric guitar and sets off on a magical journey to find the mermaid in his dreams. With the help of a friendly dragon, can Neires discover his love? This 3D computer-animated movie attracts attention with magical and bizarre characters and places. The antagonists are Queen Lilliput who rules in her pyramid in the desert and also the demonic creatures that vie for control of Volcano Island. While evil lurks at the bottom of Bioluminescence Abyss, The Empress of Mermaids tries to maintain peace in her world."

For more information, visit http://www.lyraka.com

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:32 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former RAINBOW musicians Joe Lynn Turner, Tony Carey, Bobby Rondinelli and Greg Smith have united with a second-generation Blackmore to form OVER THE RAINBOW.

OVER THE RAINBOW is:

Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW 1980-1984) - Vocals
Tony Carey (RAINBOW 1975-1978) - Keyboards
Bobby Rondinelli (RAINBOW 1980-1983) - Drums
Greg Smith (RAINBOW 1994-1997) - Bass
Jürgen "J.R." Blackmore - Guitar

Carey, who has produced several artists (including Joe Cocker and David Knopfler) since his RAINBOW days, says, "Having done everything from country to opera, I thought it would be fun to play some rock again without the burden of singing everything."

Rondinelli adds, "OVER THE RAINBOW reunites members of one of the most distinctive sounding bands of all time and introduces a hidden treasure to the world in J.R. Blackmore."

The son of the iconic RAINBOW founder/guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, Jürgen Blackmore is a critically acclaimed guitarist in his own right and agreed to join this endeavor after realizing how intense the demand was for a RAINBOW "reunion." OVER THE RAINBOW marks the first time that four members from three different eras of RAINBOW will take the stage together along with J.R. Blackmore.

RAINBOW has spawned over 20 albums (five gold, four silver), seven Billboard Hot 100 and Mainstream Rock tracks, six Top 75 UK songs and at least seven MTV frequently played videos. Their longest tenure was from its inception through 1984 when it went on hiatus so Blackmore could reform DEEP PURPLE. A decade later, RAINBOW toured and recorded an album. Since then, Ritchie Blackmore has turned his focus toward BLACKMORE’S NIGHT.

Since 1998, former members of RAINBOW and their respective management offices have been bombarded with requests for RAINBOW to reunite. Carey, Rondinelli, Smith and Turner answered "the call" but agreed that the only legitimate way that this could be accomplished was with a Blackmore on guitar. Enter: J.R. Blackmore.

How does the younger Blackmore feel about sharing the stage with musicians he grew up watching perform in concert with his legendary father? "I have not worked with them," says Blackmore, "But I have admired them since I was young. That makes them like brothers."

Greg Smith agrees that the market for RAINBOW's brand of rock is under served. "I know there is a big demand for this music," he says. "The fact that all members are ex-RAINBOW from different periods in the band's history will give the music the integrity it deserves. A Blackmore on guitar will give it even more authenticity."

While Joe Lynn Turner has fond memories of collaborating with and great respect for Ritchie Blackmore, he's looking forward to working with his son. He states, "J.R. is the only logical choice for the guitar slot for OVER THE RAINBOW. I have followed some of his projects over the years now. He's very talented."

OVER THE RAINBOW will begin touring in Russia during February of 2009.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:58 pm 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
I love JLT's vocals on Stone Cold. Smooth like butter. I think I'll download "Straight Between The Eyes" this afternoon. Thanks for the info Bildo.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Hell yeah! :headbanger:

I wouldn't mind catching that show... :tup

:BB Spotlight Kid

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
cool.

i'll check it out

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former RAINBOW musicians Joe Lynn Turner, Tony Carey, Bobby Rondinelli and Greg Smith have united with a second-generation Blackmore to form OVER THE RAINBOW.

OVER THE RAINBOW is:

The son of the iconic RAINBOW founder/guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, Jürgen Blackmore is a critically acclaimed guitarist in his own right and agreed to join this endeavor after realizing how intense the demand was for a RAINBOW "reunion." OVER THE RAINBOW marks the first time that four members from three different eras of RAINBOW will take the stage together along with J.R. Blackmore.

Joe Lynn Turner recently spoke to Metal Asylum in New Jersey about OVER THE RAINBOW and the possibility of working again with legendary Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metal Asylum: I'm sure you get asked this question all the time but I have to ask. Chances of a RAINBOW reunion?

Joe Lynn Turner: Well... amazing that you ask this because as I am doing this interview we are just starting to get inquiries about OVER THE RAINBOW which is a RAINBOW "union" between several ex-members, including myself, and Ritchie Blackmore's son, Jürgen. We have been overloaded with requests for RAINBOW to reunite so we decided to do this. Of course, it would have been great to have Ritchie along for a RAINBOW reunion but he seems to be totally committed to BLACKMORE'S NIGHT which has been very successful for him and his wife Candice. I always wish them both well and I know that for many years it was Ritchie's dream to make the type of music that BLACKMORE'S NIGHT is making ...but we have the bloodline here!...Should be interesting!

Metal Asylum: Do you feel your solo work gets the recognition it deserves or find it gets lost in the shadows of your work with YNGWIE, RAINBOW, and PURPLE?

Joe Lynn Turner: Since I have had more than 10 solo albums out after RAINBOW, there is now enough of a history. As I said, the big thing I keep hearing is how fans are now wanting more of the solo material incorporated into my live shows. There's enough of it that there is a lot to draw from. As for recognition, it amazes me how people (including the media) tend to really emphasize the past. I wish that wasn't the case but it is what it is. In order to attract attention to the new material my past associations need to be mentioned. Some people have short memories... but Im starting to get the acceptance as a solo artist! And that's a good thing!

Metal Asylum: What songs do you think are your strongest from your solo albums?

Joe Lynn Turner: They are all like children...it's hard to pick the strongest. I would rather leave that decision up to the fans that attend the concerts and radio people that choose to play the songs. I think they are all strong in their own way but some come off better, live, than others. A song can sound great on the radio but not get a great reaction at a show. ...there are some songs that stand out... "Blood Red Sky" is one that comes to mind!

Metal Asylum: Ever perform songs from the YNGWIE MALMSTEEN album "Odyssey"? If no, why not?

Joe Lynn Turner: I did recently perform a couple with Yngwie in Russia at a private show for the Prime Minister, Mikhail Fradkov, and his cabinet!! It was great!... we played for about an hour and did lots of "Odyssey"! And this summer I toured Brazil and played a few songs in the set list.... I would like to add some of those songs on a regular basis!

Metal Asylum: Would you ever collaborate with Yngwie again?

Joe Lynn Turner: If the timing and situation was right, absolutely! I told him in Russia that I'd love to do it!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:02 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Metal Asylum: Ever perform songs from the YNGWIE MALMSTEEN album "Odyssey"? If no, why not?

Joe Lynn Turner: I did recently perform a couple with Yngwie in Russia at a private show for the Prime Minister, Mikhail Fradkov, and his cabinet!! It was great!... we played for about an hour and did lots of "Odyssey"! And this summer I toured Brazil and played a few songs in the set list.... I would like to add some of those songs on a regular basis!

Every time I turn around, there's another report of someone doing a show for the Russian PM.

Is it me, or is the current PM of Russia a serious rock/metalhead? I thought rock & metal was outlawed back in the Soviet days... :tsk:

:lol:

:BB Winds Of Change

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Rainbow News
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:47 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
ALCATRAZZ featuring Graham Bonnet (RAINBOW, MSG, IMPELLITTERI) has scheduled the following dates:

Feb. 13 - Paladino's - Tarzana, CA
Feb. 27 - The Haunt - Yonkers, NY (w/ SEVEN WITCHES)
Feb. 28 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA (w/ SEVEN WITCHES)

ALCATRAZZ featuring Graham Bonnet is:

Graham Bonnet - Lead Vocals
Howie Simon - Guitar, Vocals
Glen Sobel - Drums
Tim Luce - Bass, Vocals

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:57 pm 
eh, not the same as the original Alcatrazz

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:22 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
OVER THE RAINBOW — the new band featuring former RAINBOW musicians Joe Lynn Turner, Tony Carey, Bobby Rondinelli and Greg Smith alongside the son of the iconic RAINBOW founder/guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, Jürgen Blackmore — will play three shows in Japan this spring. The dates are as follows:

Apr. 27 - Namba Hatch - Osaka, JPN
Apr. 29 - Diamond Hall - Nagoya, JPN
May 01 - Kosei-Nenkin Hall - Tokyo, JPN

For Japanese fans, this will be their first glimpse at the younger Blackmore in their country. Jurgen "J.R." Blackmore is looking forward to handling guitar duties for OVER THE RAINBOW in a country that has always embraced the melodic hard rock sound that made RAINBOW famous. He says, "I have never been to Japan before but it was always my big dream. So, my dream comes true, to meet the Japanese rock fans live."

Drummer Bobby Rondinelli reminisces, "Japan was always like a second home for RAINBOW and I'm really looking forward to going home with OVER THE RAINBOW."

Some of the most memorable shows in RAINBOW's history took place at the legendary Budokan arena. Singer Joe Lynn Turner recalls, "Those concerts at the Budokan were among the greatest highlights of my career. I have since gone back and played many shows in Japan as a solo artist and with other projects. The audiences in Japan are among the best in the world. They have kept the spirit of classic melodic hard rock alive."

Keyboardist Tony Carey adds, "The last time I played in Japan was in 1976 with RAINBOW. I had a great time and now, all these years later, we're coming back to rock the house down. You might not need to lock up your daughters anymore — but wear heavy shoes or we'll blow you off your feet."

OVER THE RAINBOW is:

Jürgen Blackmore is a critically acclaimed guitarist in his own right and agreed to join this endeavor after realizing how intense the demand was for a RAINBOW "reunion." OVER THE RAINBOW marks the first time that four members from three different eras of RAINBOW will take the stage together along with J.R. Blackmore.

OVER THE RAINBOW will begin touring in Russia during February of 2009. The dates are as follows:

Feb. 14 - Minsk, Belarus - Palace of Sport
Feb. 16 - Saint-Petersburg, Russia - Big Concert Hall
Feb. 18 - Moscow, Russia - Club B1 Maximum
Feb. 19 - Ivanovo, Russia - Music Theatre
Feb. 21 - Ekaterinburg, Russia - Palace of Youth
Feb. 23 - Odessa, Ukraine - Palace of Sport
Feb. 24 - Kiev, Ukraine - Palace of Sport
Feb. 26 - Kharkov, Ukraine - Opera Theatre
Feb. 27 - Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine - Palace of Sport

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:31 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
OVER THE RAINBOW will be joined by keyboardist Paul Morris for the group's June 4, 2009 appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival in Sölvesborg, Sweden. Tony Carey, the original and permanent keyboardist for the band, is unavailable to perform on this date.

After returning from OVER THE RAINBOW's successful Japanese tour, Carey developed a gastrointestinal disorder that requires immediate treatment. His doctors have recommended that he refrain from touring and travelling for a short period of time.

Carey and the other members agreed that for the sake of the fans' demand to see OVER THE RAINBOW that the "show must go on" at the Sweden Rock Festival as long as the integrity of the band's concept remained intact.

Like all members of OVER THE RAINBOW, Paul Morris was also a member of RAINBOW. He recorded and toured with them from 1994 through 1997. Morris looks forward to playing the great RAINBOW classics from all RAINBOW eras just as he did during his tenure with the band.

OVER THE RAINBOW is:

Paul Morris (RAINBOW 1994-1997) - Keyboards (Sweden Rock Festival)

Jürgen Blackmore is a critically acclaimed guitarist in his own right and agreed to join this endeavor after realizing how intense the demand was for a RAINBOW "reunion." OVER THE RAINBOW marks the first time that four members from three different eras of RAINBOW have taken the stage together along with J.R. Blackmore.

The setlist for OVER THE RAINBOW's February 16, 2009 concert at BKZ Octyabrsky in Saint-Petersburg, Russia was as follows:

01. Tarot Woman
02. Kill The King
03. Street Of Dreams
04. Man On The Silver Mountain
05. Death Alley Driver
06. Eyes Of The World
07. Ariel
08. Wolf To The Moon
09. Power
10. Jealous Lover
11. Can't Happen Here
12. Drum Solo
13. Stargazer
14. Long Live Rock'n'Roll / Lazy / Long Live Rock'n'Roll

Encore 1:

15. I Surrender
16. Since You've Been Gone

Encore 2:

17. All Night Long

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 pm 
If they ever play around here I hope they hit The Middle East.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:31 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
After returning from OVER THE RAINBOW's successful Japanese tour, Carey developed a gastrointestinal disorder that requires immediate treatment. His doctors have recommended that he refrain from touring and travelling for a short period of time.

See? Sushi bad...

Steak GOOD! :twisted:

:BB Meat Sandwich

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top