Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sammy Hagar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:04 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
According to ElPasoTimes.com, El Paso County sheriff's detectives on Tuesday (September 21) arrested a 26-year-old man accused of stealing a pair of expensive guitars, including one autographed by legendary rocker Sammy Hagar (CHICKENFOOT, ex-VAN HALEN).

John Morgan Farrell III allegedly stole the guitars from a neighbor, sheriff's officials said. The guitars were pawned for a less than their value and were recovered from a pawnshop with help of the El Paso police pawnshop detail. Farrell was arrested on suspicion of felony theft over $20,000. He was jailed in lieu of posting $30,000 bond.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Glad they snagged this dirtbag. Of course, he probably wasn't smart enough to use a fake ID.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to WCFCourier.com, an Iowa woman is suing legendary rocker Sammy Hagar for allegedly breaking a secret agreement and distorting the facts when he wrote in his book about a child he allegedly conceived with her in the late 1980s while he was the lead singer for VAN HALEN.

In the book, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock", Hagar wrote about a former Playboy bunny he met in Detroit. The book alleges she later extorted the musician, claiming he was the father of her child, in order to receive support money during the pregnancy. He denied paternity in the book.

In the lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Black Hawk County District Court, the woman asserts Hagar improperly portrays her in the book as a schemer who seduced him.

When asked why he decided to write a memoir, Hagar said in a March 2011 interview, "I needed to give my fans something. I have amazing fans, and I wanted to give them an honest look at my life and where I'm coming from. They've been so loyal to me over the years and have given me so much, so they deserve to know everything I can possibly tell them about myself. Spreading around some of the trash of my life wasn't the reason for writing the book. I mean, yeah, those things did happen. [laughs] I can't lie and say they didn't. But sleaze wasn't the predominant idea. I wasn't going, 'Let's see how much I can shock people.' The book is for my non-fans, too. This is my manual for people who are going through rough times to tell them, 'It can be accomplished. If you can dream it, you can attain it.' I know that sounds trite, but I'm living proof that you can do anything if you just keep at it. So, in that way, it's an uplifting success story. I made sure to keep the tone inspirational while, at the same time, 100 percent factual."

Not the mama!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:26 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
In the book, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock", Hagar wrote about a former Playboy bunny he met in Detroit. The book alleges she later extorted the musician, claiming he was the father of her child, in order to receive support money during the pregnancy. He denied paternity in the book.

I smell a new episode of "The Maury Povich Show"... 8)

:BB "Wha'eva. Wha'eva. Y'all don't know me."

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:50 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

I smell a new episode of "The Maury Povich Show"... 8)

:BB "Wha'eva. Wha'eva. Y'all don't know me."

"Sammy.....

....you are the baby alien's father!!!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:26 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
:space:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Andy Greene of RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with CHICKENFOOT/ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RollingStone.com: We're hearing that VAN HALEN signed to Interscope this week.

Hagar: What? VH? VAN HALEN? I don't think . . . How long has it been since they did a record? And that last one doesn't count. You have to go back to 1995. For them to take that long to make a record, I don't think it's ever going to happen. If it does, it better be good. Oh man. It actually might be. I'm not dogging them. I don't understand why they couldn't do something by now. [Laughs] Though I kind of do understand.

RollingStone.com: This seems legit. I think they actually, for real, signed to Interscope.

Hagar: I thought they signed to Sony. Hmmm . . . Interesting. I'll be the first guy waiting in line at the record store, if I could find one anymore. I'll be really curious. I think they owe the fans that. I would love to see them make a great record. They have some of the most loyal fans in rock, and they've been treated so, so bad these last 20 years. I'm a real fan friendly guy.

RollingStone.com: The fans aren't too happy that they threw Michael Anthony out of the band.

Hagar: It didn't bother me when they threw me out. I'm a solo artist. I can start a new band. But Mike? He's the most loyal guy, and the best bass player in the world — and the best background singer on the planet. His vocal sound is as much a part of VAN HALEN as anyone's. When they threw him out, I just thought "WHY? This is so wrong. This is so damned wrong!" Then to go back to Dave [Lee Roth, vocals], FINALLY — but they threw Mike out first. Once again, it's not a fan-friendly band. Eddie [Van Halen] could have played a solo album with Wolfie [Van Halen]. He could have produced it and gone on tour and played theaters with him. He could have done so many different things. He did not have to make Wolfie the bass player in VAN HALEN.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 am 
The Lord of Destruction
No news there... but as usual, Sammy calls it like he sees it.

:BB There's Only One Way To Rock

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I was eating breakfast the other day and they had the redneck country station on the tube and that rube Toby Keith was singing about red beer cups. There was Sammy making a cameo in his video. "Oh, Sammy!" I said as I shook my head. I wasn't surprised by Ted Nugent's appearance, but why did Sammy have to be in there?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 am 
The Lord of Destruction
I happen to like Toby Keith... :(

:BB Get Drunk And Be Somebody

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
I happen to like Toby Keith... :(

:BB Get Drunk And Be Somebody

Well, well, well, I seem to have found your Elder......

:bildo:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Well, well, well, I seem to have found your Elder......

:bildo:

Not really. Unlike "The Elder"... Toby Keith's albums tend to sell a few copies. :wink:

:BB As Good As I Once Was

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 am 
He is one artist up here where you can t find anything used or new cds on. Maybe they don t let him across the border. Gringo. :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
thinlizzy wrote:
He is one artist up here where you can t find anything used or new cds on. Maybe they don t let him across the border. Gringo. :P

Who? Sammy?

Most of his stuff is well worth tracking down... although admittedly, I never bothered with most of his 70's stuff. I have a few early GH packages, but I really need to track down his early solo discs.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Sammy lays the smack-down on why they broke up and opinion on the current reunion.

Cack Blabbath conducted an interview with CHICKENFOOT/ex-VAN HALEN frontman Sammy Hagar on January 12 at the Academy in Manchester, England. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Cack Blabbath: [CHICKENFOOT] is labelled a side project, but it's not really a side project, is it? You guys are all focused on this just now while you're doing it, then you go off and do other stuff?

Hagar: There's no side project. At our age and our success and experience that we've had, it's hard to just say, "Oh, we're just going to do this," so we do whatever we want. We're not like kids just getting together. When I was in VAN HALEN, for example, I wasn't allowed to do solo records. It was like, "Oh, man, you can't do this, you can't do that." It was like, "What the fuck are you guys thinking?" I mean, I didn't mind too much, but after about 10 years, I started minding as I had a catalogue of about 70 songs I had written that weren't getting used. [In CHICKENFOOT] we don't have those restrictions on each other; Joe [Satriani] can go do a solo album or a solo tour tomorrow morning. But when we do CHICKENFOOT, we're all very committed.

Cack Blabbath: So how does having [drummer] Kenny [Aronoff] in instead of Chad [Smith] work? Does that change the band at all?

Hagar: Oh, it changes the band. He's fucking great, but he's just different to Chad. I've noticed, being in bands my whole life, that if you change one member, things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes worse, and sometimes just laterally, and I think Kenny is a lateral move from Chad. Kenny is more solid, Chad doesn't do anything not great — everything he does is great — but he also jams and ad-libs a lot more, so sometimes the songs aren't played as well as the record. Not because he's making mistakes, just because he's so fucking loose. Kenny's right in the pocket, so we're playing the songs really good, you know what I mean?! It's like one side or the other. Since Kenny has been in the band, Mike [Anthony, bass] and I, our vocals are so good, I feel like I have to sing the songs better. Before I could jam and yell and scream and scat because we were more like a jam band. This band jams but the songs are being played really well.

Cack Blabbath: You're labelled a supergroup, but you sound more like a band than individuals who get in your separate jets and go your separate ways after the gig. It's a really good vibe, like you've been together for ages.

Hagar: Yeah, I agree 100%. I don't care if someone calls us a supergroup; it's flattering, you know?! I guess we are, but it's not our intention. It wasn't put together in a business fashion. It wasn't put together for any other reason except we wanted to play together, and the reason we sound like a band is that we are a band. There is no leader. Under certain circumstances, Joe's the leader, under certain circumstances I'm the leader. Whoever is best at getting a particular thing done becomes the leader until it's done, then there is no leader again. When we were trying to find a drummer, that was one of the biggest problems. Most of the drummers who are on our level, they're rock stars, you might say, and we don't like trying to be rock stars. We are rock stars because it's what we do, but we don't play that role, we don't live like them the three of us. Chad was like that, too, and he fit in, 'cause you can't have a guy who's "I got to have my own jet, and I need my bodyguards, and I need this and I need that." So that's part of the reason why we're not like a supergroup is that the guys who were available as drummers were fucking rock stars. A lot of them were good enough to do it but they weren't the right type of human. We're very humane amongst each other and we don't have any problems.

Cack Blabbath: What do you make of the reception the new album ["Chickenfoot III"] has had so far?

Hagar: I think that considering we're old guys, old rich successful guys, that people could really ream us for it, and they haven't. I thought we'd been treated very kindly by the press, and believe me, I'm sitting here saying "Amen," because VAN HALEN, we got reamed by the press 'cause we were so big, and then I was replacing Dave [Lee Roth]. It's like there's always some reason, and the fans too, they're just like press as they can go on the Internet and snipe you, say whatever they want behind your back and with a fake name. We've put ourselves in a very vulnerable position by doing what we do and being so bullheaded about it, being like "We don't give a fuck, we'll release this song 'cause we like this song, we'll make this video 'cause we like this video, we're going to put it out on an independent label 'cause we don't like the big labels." We're assholes, you know what I mean?! We're only going to play 12 shows this year. You could criticize us really easily, so I think we've been treated very fairly.

Cack Blabbath: What do you think of [VAN HALEN] getting back together? I've got a question here which was not intended to be about them specifically, but big bands who get back together, are they doing it for the music or are they doing it for the money?

Hagar: Well, I'm not going to speculate why anyone does anything, but I'll tell you what, they waited so long and they're so not fan-friendly, and as big as VAN HALEN was in the past… That's what we used to argue about when I was in the band. I got thrown out because I didn't want to do a greatest-hits record. I said, "Why the fuck? We're the biggest band in the world. Every album we've done since I've been in the band has been No. 1, we've sold out every arena on the planet. Now why would you want to sell them the same old record again and give them two new tracks? Why do you want to do that to the fans?" And we got into it. They wanted to do it at that time for the money, a new manager came in and he thought we could make a whole bunch of money for doing nothing, and I'm going, "We've got a whole bunch of money, so why are we doing this?" We really didn't need to do it and it really caused problems in the band. Why they're doing it now, I have no idea, but I think it's about time. I personally don't think that what they have just released, what I have seen and heard, is great at all. It should be better than it is, but hey, it is what it is, and at least they got together and at least they came out with something, that's all I can say, you know. God bless them, but I was expecting a lot more.

Read the entire interview from Cack Blabbath.
http://www.cackblabbath.co.uk/2012/01/1 ... mmy-hagar/

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next