Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chickenfoot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Following the release of its long-awaited second album "III", CHICKENFOOT has announced a five-date European tour for January 2012; the band's first concerts on the continent since July 2009.

Jan. 12 - Manchester, UK @ Academy
Jan. 14 - London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton
Jan. 16 - Paris, FRA @ Olympia
Jan. 17 - Tilburg, NETH @ O13
Jan. 19 - Dusseldorf. GER @ Mitsubishi Electric Hall

Tickets for the January 2012 European concerts will go on sale from Friday, October 14.

CHICKENFOOT fans in the U.K. will be treated to a Planet Rock pre-sale, where tickets can be purchased 24 hours ahead of the October 14 general on-sale date. By visiting www.planetrock.com, tickets will be available from 9 a.m. on Thursday, October 13.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:23 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHICKENFOOT, whose recent music video "Three And A Half Letters (I Need A Job)" is motivated by the dismal economy, has partnered with Feeding America to encourage fans to help alleviate some of the effects of the economy. Putting money where his mouth is, lead singer Sammy Hagar will donate $10,000 from the Hagar Family Foundation to the San Francisco Food Bank during a visit to a local food pantry to distribute food to people who are at risk of hunger. Paul Ash, the Executive Director of the San Francisco Food Bank, will be on hand to accept the donation.

The "Three And A Half Letters (I Need A Job)" video, which can be seen below, features real life letters received by Hagar and closes with a call to action from the band and Feeding America. The band is inviting fans to post their own letters and stories to its web site in hopes it will help them find employment and continue to shed light on the critical condition in America and will continue additional outreach throughout the Road Test Tour.

Where:

Treasure Island Homeless Development Initiative
850 Avenue I, Bldg 597; Treasure Island, CA 94130

When:

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
2:30 p.m.

"Three And A Half Letters (I Need A Job)" comes off the group's sophomore album, "III", sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's self-titled debut opened with 49,000 units back in June 2009 to debut at No. 6.

In a recent interview with Music Radar, CHICKENFOOT guitarist Joe Satriani stated about "Three And A Half Letters (I Need A Job)", "Carter [the band's manager, John Carter, who died of cancer halfway through the recording the new disc] had been asking Sam [CHICKENFOOT singer Sammy Hagar] to write a topical song about the economic situation. 'I need a job' was the line that was being used. At the same time, Sam started going through letters that he had received from fans, and a lot of them were pretty desperate. He got the idea to put it all together.

"He called me and said that in the verses he was going to read some of the letters, and in the choruses he was going to scream 'I need a job!' The plan was that at the end of each chorus I would just go nuts on guitar. Sam didn’t want me to sketch out or demo what I would do. Total, gut-reaction spontaneity was what he had in mind.

"I did write out the main framework for the song, though. The band got together on the last day of recording, and we went for it live in one take — raw, unchecked emotions. For the solo sections, I stepped on the Proctavia and went crazy. We added a second guitar for the chorus chords and moved the live solo guitar to the center and added delays hard left and right.

"Sam's vocal performance is so heartfelt and real. The last verse is quite dramatic. I have to admit to getting choked up when I hear this song."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jyAPdiickk

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Putting money where his mouth is, lead singer Sammy Hagar will donate $10,000 from the Hagar Family Foundation to the San Francisco Food Bank during a visit to a local food pantry to distribute food to people who are at risk of hunger.

Pretty cool of him... although under Cain's new tax plan, no longer tax deductible. :P

:lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bryan Reesman of The Aquarian Weekly recently conducted an interview with CHICKENFOOT, the supergroup featuring frontman Sammy Hagar, bassist Michael Anthony, guitarist Joe Satriani and drummer Chad Smith. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the band's sophomore album, "Chickenfoot III":

Anthony: "Obviously, having been in the studio on the first album and been on tour, everybody's really comfortable musically with each other now, and I think with this album we carved out a CHICKENFOOT sound. I think we're more evolved and not just jamming anymore."

Hagar: "It was just difficult getting it altogether again because Chad was ready go back to the [RED HOT CHILI] PEPPERS, and I just finished my book and was ready to go out on a book tour. There was too much on my plate, and I didn't feel like going in, as much as I love the band."

"I think it's the best record I've made in 100 years. I can't tell you any record in my life that's better from my standpoint — my singing, my lyrics, melodies, what I put into Joe's music. I don't think I ever did as good a job on any VAN HALEN record."

On CHICKENFOOT's manager John Carter — also Hagar's longtime manager, musical collaborator and personal friend — who passed away during the making of "Chickenfoot III":

Hagar: "He was a dear friend, and he was my bouncing board, man. He's the guy that I called up and asked, 'What do you think about this lyric?' 'Eh, it sucks.' He was the only guy that really would push me and crack the whip on me. When I would say, 'Fuck you, this is good enough,' he would go, 'No, it ain't.'"

Satriani: "He was just such an amazing guy, and really funny, and not for a second would he take anybody getting maudlin about anything. He was an ass-kicker, and that's what he was doing on his deathbed. He would hear a demo and call up and say, 'That sucks, you guys got to write a better song. Why don't you try one of my ideas?' He was being Carter, and we loved him for it. But we all kept a stiff upper lip."

Hagar: "I think he actually fucked me up, because he knew he was dying. I didn't know he was dying — we all had our heads in the sand — but he was saying, 'If this is the last record you ever make…' Everything he was saying to me was kind of about himself, and I was getting all pissy with him. Then when we found out he was really sick and was going to die, I got self-motivated and went, 'I have to write the best lyrics I ever wrote, and I don't have my buddy here to tell me if they're great or not. I have to be my own judge.' That's when I really got motivated and inspired for 'Up Next' and 'Something Going Wrong'."

Read the entire interview from The Aquarian Weekly

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Well, I guess there's not much hope for "Chickenfoot IV" being any good then based upon what they're saying here. :lol:

RIP John... Anybody that can keep Sammy and Mike on message is AOK in my book. :B

:BB Down The Drain

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Following their Grammy nomination for the recently released "Chickenfoot III" album, CHICKENFOOT — the supergroup featuring guitarist Joe Satriani, drummer Chad Smith, former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony and frontman Sammy Hagar — released a video that playfully speculates whatever happened to the seemingly overlooked "Chickenfoot II" LP. The 12-minute clip, dubbed "Behind The Foot: The Truth Behind Chickenfoot II", can be seen below.

Said Satriani, "We promised never to talk about it, so I'm surprised we’re talking about it now."

CHICKENFOOT, which recently earned a Grammy nomination in the "Best Recording Package" category for the creative 3D design of the band's "Chickenfoot III" album, will release a new single, "Different Devil", to radio on January 17 before embarking on a European tour in late January 2012.

CHICKENFOOT recently wrapped a sold-out "2011 Road Test Tour" that took the band through San Francisco, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Chicago and New York, as well as an appearance on ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" In each city along the tour, Hagar made a donation to a local food bank in a special partnership with Feeding America to encourage fans to do the same to help fight hunger, an important message that he also intended to convey through the music video for "Three And A Half Letters (I Need A Job)".

The first single from "Chickenfoot III", "Big Foot", debuted at No. 1 on the Mediabase Classic Rock chart, holding the position for 11 weeks and earning over 1.85 million listeners.

"Chickenfoot III" features 10 tracks with so many moments of epiphany that one can barely take them all in on first listen. Colossal, stadium-shaking riffs abound on earth-movers such as "Alright, Alright", "Last Temptation" and "Lighten Up". Tradition meets innovation on the Nashville pop-tinged "Different Devil", the Delta-blues-flavored "Something Going Wrong" and the aching rock ballad "Come Closer".

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Inspiration...or Stupidity??
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:18 pm 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
Shared this little tidbit over on the Y&T forum...

http://www.meniketti.com/vforum/showthr ... post354870

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I know I'm going to look stupid, but what is HSAS?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 am 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
I'll save the firing for Steve... 8) In the meantime Bill...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSAS_(band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBrERyOQGwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Qdcrub ... re=related

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I did not know that. :D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: Yngwie Malmsteen, Y&T
bildo wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: Yngwie Malmsteen, Y&T
bildo wrote:
I did not know that. :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:07 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I can't possibly know everything, can I? :wink:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:

:banned:

Canuck wrote:
I'll save the firing for Steve... 8) In the meantime Bill...

I didn't want to do it. Really.

He left me no choice. :headsmack:

:lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I've actually forgotten already. :lol:

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next