Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chickenfoot
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
Meanwhile, taking over as lead singer of AEROSMITH is not one of the "million things" that Hagar is doing. Unnamed sources told Classic Rock magazine on "good authority" that Hagar was a candidate to temporarily replace Steven Tyler, but Hagar's manager John Carter told the magazine, "Good authority must mean The Enquirer because his LED ZEP gig conflicts with the AEROSMITH job . . . Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with CHICKENFOOT to start the second album in April."

How the mighty have fallen, eh? Chickenfoot and Them Crooked Vultures on their way up... and Zeppelin and Aerosmith have both crash landed... :lol:

:BB Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell

Aerosmith crash landed. Zeppelin landed professionally years ago and just decided not to take the old girl up in the air anymore.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:47 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
Meanwhile, taking over as lead singer of AEROSMITH is not one of the "million things" that Hagar is doing. Unnamed sources told Classic Rock magazine on "good authority" that Hagar was a candidate to temporarily replace Steven Tyler, but Hagar's manager John Carter told the magazine, "Good authority must mean The Enquirer because his LED ZEP gig conflicts with the AEROSMITH job . . . Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with CHICKENFOOT to start the second album in April."

How the mighty have fallen, eh? Chickenfoot and Them Crooked Vultures on their way up... and Zeppelin and Aerosmith have both crash landed... :lol:

:BB Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell

Aerosmith crash landed. Zeppelin landed professionally years ago and just decided not to take the old girl up in the air anymore.

At least some of them did... :lol:

:BB Jimmy Who?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Eagle Rock Entertainment has set an April 26 U.K. Blu-ray and DVD release date for "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live" — one of the most highly anticipated live rock 'n' roll concert experiences of the year. The Blu-ray and DVD will be released in America on April 20 via EMI America.

Filmed with 16 hi-definition cameras over three sold out concerts, "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live" offers fans an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience four rock 'n' roll legends sharing the stage and blowing the roof off with their explosive musicianship and dynamic onstage chemistry.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHICKENFOOT — the new supergroup featuring Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), Joe Satriani and Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) — will perform at the 20th anniversary party of Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina, which will be held on April 22-24 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. According to a press release, "Sammy is inviting everyone who has ever been there once to be there twice and make this the most fun ever had in Cabo!! The 'FOOT plays Friday [April 23] and Saturday [April 24], but the party starts on Thursday. Like Sammy's birthday bashes, tickets will be free and first-come-first served (no advance purchase). So that's three nights including two free CHICKENFOOT shows, so that's the why, where, when, so come on down and let's Wabo!!"

CHICKENFOOT has set April 20 as the U.S. release date for a DVD and Blu-ray titled "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live". The disc was filmed at three concerts on CHICKENFOOT's 2009 world tour, using 16 high-definition cameras to capture Hagar, Anthony, Smith and Satriani on their inaugural outing together.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHICKENFOOT — the supergroup featuring Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), Joe Satriani and Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) — will perform at the 20th anniversary party of Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina, which will be held on April 22-24 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. According to a press release, "Sammy is inviting everyone who has ever been there once to be there twice and make this the most fun ever had in Cabo!! The 'FOOT plays Friday [April 23] and Saturday [April 24], but the party starts on Thursday. Like Sammy's birthday bashes, tickets will be free and first-come-first served (no advance purchase). So that's three nights including two free CHICKENFOOT shows, so that's the why, where, when, so come on down and let's Wabo!!"

The show on Saturday, April 24 will be webcast at 9 p.m. Mountain Time (8 p.m. PDT, 11 p.m. EDT). More details with be forthcoming and you can RSVP for a reminder email the day before with the viewing link at this location.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... rdr0002029

CHICKENFOOT has set April 20 as the U.S. release date for a DVD and Blu-ray titled "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live". The disc was filmed at three concerts on CHICKENFOOT's 2009 world tour, using 16 high-definition cameras to capture Hagar, Anthony, Smith and Satriani on their inaugural outing together.

Hagar told The Pulse of Radio that CHICKENFOOT has had a special chemistry from the start that makes the band's live show a powerful experience. "There's no room for somebody to be dragging ass in this band," he said. "It's like woof, you get out there and I don't care how rough you felt from the night before — some of those days, I mean, waking up, going, 'Oh, lord, we're gonna do a show tonight . . . ' And to get out there and man, the energy hits and you just go, 'Okay, no problem.' Really special chemistry and I just really think that each guy is inspired by the other, and that's chemistry, you know."

The DVD and Blu-ray include one full concert shot at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Arizona on September 23, 2009, plus live segments from shows at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Also included on the disc are bonus features such as never-before-seen backstage footage, rare interviews, extra performance footage, a photo gallery and comedic segments complete with special guests.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
That would be a helluva good time... 8)

Wish I could take off and do that.

At least it's almost time for the DVD. :B

:BB Más Tequila

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHICKENFOOT heightens the worldwide buzz from the rock supergroup's incendiary arrival last year with the Blu-ray and DVD release of "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live" — one of the most highly anticipated live rock 'n' roll concert experiences of 2010. The Blu-ray and DVD, including an hysterically innovative bonus documentary, will be released Tuesday, May 4 by DC3 Music Group, LLC, following a series of virtual concert screenings at select theaters nationwide and a live concert webcast from Cabo San Lucas, set for April 24 (10 p.m. CST) at BestBuy.com.

Filmed with 16 hi-definition cameras over three sold out concerts, "Chickenfoot: Get Your Buzz On Live" offers fans an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience four rock 'n' roll legends — vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN, MONTROSE), bassist Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), drummer Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) and guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani — sharing their explosive musicianship and dynamic chemistry on-stage and off.

As fun as they are on stage, CHICKENFOOT is just plain funny offstage. That's the uniqueness of the offbeat bonus documentary, jam-packed with exclusive, never-before-seen backstage footage, rare interviews and extra performance video. The band members unconventionally take control of the interviews by instead conducting — or misconducting — them in their own individual styles. Their prank victims are show biz pals Bob Weir, Adam Carolla and SPINAL TAP's Nigel Tufnel, as well as the unsuspecting public, who get ambushed throughout the documentary man-in-the-street-style by Smith, asking whether they've ever heard of the band CHICKENFOOT and can recognize their faces in a publicity photo. You'll be tickled at most of the answers, knowing the band's debut album went No. 4 in Billboard and gold all over the world.

Hagar drops in on Weir at home by Hagar, and uncovers the last time the former GRATEFUL DEAD lead singer dropped acid and what gets his buzz on these days. Anthony shares backstage couch time, CHICKENFOOT merchandise and chicken wings with Carolla. And Satriani buzzes around venues on both sides of the Atlantic with "Joe-Cam" firmly mounted to his head before allowing Nigel Tufnel (alias Christopher Guest) some not-so-serious interview time.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Is it April 20th or May 4th? :shrug:

Get on it, Billster! :rant1:

:BB J. Jonah Jameson

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Is it April 20th or May 4th? :shrug:

Get on it, Billster! :rant1:

:BB J. Jonah Jameson

Will do, Chief!

:B P. Parker

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"My Kinda Girl", the fifth video from CHICKENFOOT — the supergroup featuring Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), Joe Satriani and Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) — can be viewed below.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Reuters/Billboard, CHICKENFOOT — the supergroup featuring Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), Joe Satriani and Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) — will spend most of September working on its sophomore album, then reconvene in late January and early February for "wrap-up sessions," with a spring 2011 release planned, again via Best Buy.

"This time around it doesn't seem too scary to try to pull it off," Satriani says. "We know we've done it once. The whole scheduling thing doesn't scare us like it did last time. We're more relaxed about the fact everyone has got crazy schedules and know that when we do get together, it's really fun."

Satriani says he expects to have "probably 20 (more) songs to lay on everybody when we get together again." A producer hasn't yet been chosen for the album, but Andy Johns and Mike Fraser, who both worked on 2008's "Chickenfoot" debut, are leading candidates.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:14 am 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
A Satriani solo release and Chickenfoot disc, cool.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:16 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHICKENFOOT — the supergroup featuring Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), Joe Satriani and Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) — will perform at Harvey's Lake Tahoe in Stateline, Nevada on September 11 in what might end up being the band's final show of 2010.

Two exclusive premium ticket packages will be available for this show. Click here for more information.
http://www.chickenfoot.us/tour

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
One of these days, I may actually watch that DVD... :?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bryan Reesman of Attention Deficit Delirium recently conducted an interview with CHICKENFOOT guitarist Joe Satriani. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

Attention Deficit Delirium: A couple of months ago Sammy Hagar said the you guys were going into the studio in April. Did that happen?

Joe Satriani: Yes, we have. We spent four or five days together [about a month ago]. It was great. We just have this thing where we get together and instantly start playing, and it sounds just like CHICKENFOOT without any effort. It's a four-way thing — four guys in a room. We start playing, Sammy goes up to the mic and starts screaming, and all of a sudden we go, "Wow! That's great! What is that? Let's record it." Then we'll jump back in the studio, listen to what did, arrange it and then we'll finish a song a day. So we walked out of there with four really good songs that we're hoping to polish up next time we get together. Since we live close to each other, Sammy and I are working on stuff. We've got a dialogue going with other song ideas as well. It's great. It's good to know that the band is excited as a unit to write another record, and the guys at Best Buy are behind us to accept another record from us, which is great. That relationship has been fantastic.

Attention Deficit Delirium: Are there new ideas on this record that we didn't hear on the last one?

Joe Satriani: Yeah. On the last record I wrote a lot of music and threw it out to these guys. Since I didn't really know them very well, I wanted to see what they would respond to, and I was really surprised. Like Sammy loving "Avenida Revolution", which was called something else when I sent it to him. I didn't think he'd actually like it. I thought he'd think it was too dark or something, but he had the whole thing in about five minutes because he was so inspired by it. It taught me to never try to second-guess what any of the guys are going to like. I tend to write sort of stream of consciousness. I write way inside and outside the bounds of what you would think a CHICKENFOOT song should be, and I see how the guys react to it. It might be something were Michael [Anthony, bass] might say, "I really like that song, but could we do it in a different style?" Or Chad [Smith, drums] may want to change the beat around. Or Sam might say that he really has a set of lyrics and is searching for some kind of song, but he doesn't know what it's supposed to sound like. He'll pick a piece of music that I thought was bright and cheerful and say, "I like that music. Can I write some dark lyrics for it?" I think it works that we all just throw stuff at each other, then we react naturally to it. People say, "Cool, great idea. I'll try it your way." That's kind of how we do it.

Attention Deficit Delirium: When do you think the next CHICKENFOOT record is actually going to come out?

Joe Satriani: Sometime early next year. I've got about three or four weeks to finish making demos from a solo record, and then I'm in the studio in June and July. I'll hand in my record to Sony in August, and in September, CHICKENFOOT gets together for a month of recording. I go on tour in October, November and part of December. I may do a little bit in January, and I think in February we're going to do the last CHICKENFOOT sessions to finish up the album.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next