Producer: Montrose & Ted Templeman
Web Site: http://www.ronniemontrose.com/

Musicians:

Sam Hagar ~ Vocals
Ronnie Montrose ~ Guitar
Bill Church ~ Bass
Denny Carmassi ~ Drums

The Rundown:

1.) Rock The Nation [2:57] (Montrose): Mega-cowbell... a guitar screaming in overdrive... and Sammy ripping out the vocals. What more could you ask for? 8) A loose, hard-rockin' jam that takes off from the first note and doesn't stop until it leaves you in a sweaty, panting lump. This is the first real glimpse of the Red Rocker's vocal prowess, and man, does he deliver the goods! And if that wasn't enough, this has got to be one of the best riffs in the history of hard rock, without a doubt. :guitar3: Awesome! Simply awesome! :twisted: Rating: 12/10

2.) Bad Motor Scooter [3:43] (Hagar): How do you follow up a killer track like Rock The Nation? You let Ronnie throw the engine into 1st and then wind it through the gears. 8) The rhythm section takes off on a loose rockin' riff for Ronnie and Sam to jam to... and the rest is history. By the time the boys fade away down the highway, there can be no doubt that you've just been ridden hard... and put away wet. :wink: Rating: 12/10

3.) Space Station #5 [5:17] (Hagar/Montrose): This is one of those songs that proves Eddie Van Halen wasn't quite the innovator he's always made out to be. As it turns out, Ronnie was doing the trippy Star Wars noises long before Eddie hit the stage... and several years before George Lucas took us to his favorite "Space Station." :P One listen to this song, and it's easy to see where Eddie got the idea for his now-famous "brown" sound... and why Eddie called Sammy when he needed a replacement for the immortal Diamond Dave. 8) Rating: 11/10

4.) I Don't Want It [3:02] (Hagar/Montrose): Ronnie kicks things off with a wah-driven riff while the dynamic duo of Carmassi and Church lay down a smooth-rockin' groove. To top it all off, Sammy throws in an extra little bit of soul into the mix, making this a straight-ahead rocker of the first order. Sammy even straps on a guitar to add a little dual-guitar punch to the solo sections. Overall, a very cool tune. :mrgreen: Rating: 8/10

5.) Good Rockin' Tonight [2:57] (Brown): The band turns in an upbeat cover of this Roy Brown classic. Ronnie lays down some of his finest fretwork for the solos... and Sammy really belts out the high notes. An all-around rock-solid performance. :tup Rating: 9/10

6.) Rock Candy [5:17] (Hagar/Montrose/Carmassi/Church): Oh hell yeah! :twisted:

When you look up "rock & roll" in the dictionary, you'll see the following phrase: " 'Cause you're rock candy, baby... You're hot, sweet and sticky...". 8) A huge guitar and humongous drum beat takes this tune to the edge of excess... and then right over the top. This song should be named the official theme song for young lust. :brows:

Every band from here to Moscow has covered this song for one reason and one reason only: This is easily one of the coolest riffs in the history of the guitar. Period. :twisted:

Rating: 20/10 (Go ahead... Call me a liar... :wink:)

7.) One Thing On My Mind [3:40] (Sanchez/Hagar/Montrose): Some people might consider this song a bit dated, especially in the lyrics department. I, however, tend to think songs like this are timeless. It's the perfect example of a mid-tempo groove executed to a perfection, complete with party lyrics and wailing guitars. Don't skip this one on my account. :D Rating: 8/10

8.) Make It Last [5:29] (Hagar): This one is definitely a bit lesser-known than the some of the other songs on this disc... but it's a classic nonetheless. A slow, smokin' riff and a heavy dose of Sammy's smoldering vocals combine to ensure that once you hear this tune, you won't soon forget it. A strong finish for a strong album. All aces! :wnw: Rating: 11/10

The Last Word:

Long before Sammy Hagar became the Red Rocker and Eddie Van Halen took guitar gymnastics to a whole new level... there was Montrose.

While bands like Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep were singing about doom and gloom... these guys were doing riff-heavy jams about hot women and fast cars.

I'll bet most of you know all this already... but maybe not all of you. Surprisingly, this album was not the multi-platinum smash that it should have been. Most of the world never found out about Montrose until Sammy became a successful solo artist. Ironically, Sammy was a relative unknown when this album was released, whereas Ronnie and Bill were already established musicians, both having toured and recorded with Neil Young (most notably on 1972's "Tupelo Honey"). Ronnie had also worked with a number of big-name musicians, including Edgar Winter and Herbie Hancock.

When Ronnie decided to strike out on his own as a solo artist, he signed to Warner Bros. Records, who assigned veteran producer Ted Templeman (already well-known for his work with the Doobie Brothers) to handle the production duties. The recording sessions managed to capture the magic of the band in all its glory. I'm sure they must have hosed Ronnie and his Les Paul down after every song to keep his fretboard from catching fire. :lol: The rhythm section was also represented beautifully... and it shows in every song. The entire album features a HUGE bass sound that you can feel right down to your toes. Add to all of this the fire of a young unknown named Sam, who belted out each note like it might be his last. The power of his vocal work drives these songs to a whole new level, ensuring that anyone flipping through the dial would stop dead in their tracks to listen in.

It's unfortunate that Warner Bros. had little experience marketing a hard rock band, and unbelievably, the album did not make a big dent in the charts. It would only be many years later that the album would reach the platinum status it so richly deserved.

Of course, the fire and chemistry captured on this album would have been hard to duplicate, even under the best of circumstances... and like most bands with this much talent, the collaboration was short-lived. Bill Church left the band after recording this album, later joining Sammy when he recorded his first solo album, 1976's "Nine On A Ten Scale." The band would only release one more album (1974's "Paper Money") before Sammy also left the band in favor of a solo career. It is worth noting that there were a few excellent tunes on that album as well. In particular, I Got The Fire, Spaceage Sacrifice and We're Going Home (with Ronnie on vocals) are all "out of this world." :P Overall though, it failed to match the brilliance or cohesiveness of the first album.

After Sammy's departure and a pair of less-than-stellar releases over the next two years, the band officially disbanded, with Denny Carmassi joining Sammy's band in time to appear on 1977's "Musical Chairs." Ronnie released one obscure solo album after the Montrose years, and eventually went on to become one of the founding members of Gamma (with Davey Pattison on vocals). Ironically, Templeman and Warner Bros. would hit paydirt with Van Halen a few years later; lessons learned from the mishandling of Montrose, no doubt.

On the bright side, this album (and "Paper Money," to a lesser extent) serves admirably as a testament to the magic that was Montrose. Some will say that the music sounds dated, but I couldn't disagree more. Does Smoke On The Water sound dated? How about Whole Lotta Love? Takin' Care Of Business? China Grove? No way, Jose. A good riff and solid musicianship will always stand the test of time, and this disc is living proof. After all, this isn't one of those albums that takes a lot of listens to enjoy. One spin and you'll be hooked, without a doubt. 8)

Think that's a bold claim? Maybe so... :shrug:

Think I might be exaggerating a bit?

Me, RockHard, exaggerate? :tsk:

Surely, you jest. :P

Well then, I guess you'll just have to go ahead and prove me wrong.

Give it a listen...

You know you want to. :wink:

Well... go ahead!

I'll wait. :P

Done?

Good.

Now... tell me I'm wrong.

I'm waiting...

Yeah, that's what I thought you said. :wink:

RockHard mandated! :tup :B

The Bottom Line (AKA - The Six-Pack Scale): :B :B :B :B :B :B

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: Re: Montrose: Montrose
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: THIS is ur plan for catching spambots?
Great review and great info I didn't know on a great album and an artist I love. He was not well for a while, but I saw him play live in Sept of '07 after he got better and he was excellent!!!

I still love that CD and it was one of the first that HAD to go in my MP3 player this xmas. I'm glad the review gave due respect to the "nonhits" on that LP. Though everything on it has been played around here for years, the less-played tunes would be worth having the CD all by themselves.

RockHard wrote:
Some will say that the music sounds dated, but I couldn't disagree more. Does Smoke On The Water sound dated? How about Whole Lotta Love? Takin' Care Of Business? China Grove? No way, Jose. A good riff and solid musicianship will always stand the test of time, and this disc is living proof. After all, this isn't one of those albums that takes a lot of listens to enjoy. One spin and you'll be hooked, without a doubt. 8)

Actually, all of those songs sound more dated to me than the ones on the Montrose album. I still love them, but they do seem more dated, esp. BTO

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
20 out of 10?! Goddammit, here comes another rip in the time continuum. Are you trying to kill us all?!

You know, you keep giving me stuff to get, Steve, when I'm trying to save up some money for a house or apartment or something. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

By the way, another great review. I enjoy reading them because you are passionate about what you're writing. Which brings me to a question: when are you going to do a review of an album that you hate? I can only imagine how much fun that would be to read. :lol:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
I think I did an album or two that received low-ish marks. I should do another one soon when this internship is going on.

Good review Steve.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:09 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
bildo wrote:
20 out of 10?! Goddammit, here comes another rip in the time continuum. Are you trying to kill us all?!

You know, you keep giving me stuff to get, Steve, when I'm trying to save up some money for a house or apartment or something. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

By the way, another great review. I enjoy reading them because you are passionate about what you're writing. Which brings me to a question: when are you going to do a review of an album that you hate? I can only imagine how much fun that would be to read. :lol:

I agree about reading an album review for something hated being an entertaining (and also passionately written) review - though I didnt get the impression that Steve really LOVED the Pat Boone "In a Metal Mood" CD as much as this one. But I don't think he hated it either.

Let's see some venom fly from the keyboard!!!! :devil:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:45 pm 
The Ultimate Dio Fan
Favorite Band: DIO
One of the best rock albums of all-time. Another good one Stevester! :bluerock:

BTW.........has anyone ('cept the ladies, of course) ever had a problem with this album cover?? 4 shirtless dudes?? Any way I look at this cover, always looks to me like Bill is fixin' to give Ronnie some serious sausage. :barf:

When you're on your way to somewhere - But the elevator falls - Do you look for stairs to heaven - Or wander through the halls…..

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:34 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
fruitless endeavor wrote:
Great review and great info I didn't know on a great album and an artist I love. He was not well for a while, but I saw him play live in Sept of '07 after he got better and he was excellent!!!

I've heard he still delivers the goods live in a big way... but of course, I can't confirm that because he, like many of my favorite rockers, doesn't seem to ever want to leave California long enough to give the rest of the country a taste. :tsk:

:lol:

I still love that CD and it was one of the first that HAD to go in my MP3 player this xmas. I'm glad the review gave due respect to the "nonhits" on that LP. Though everything on it has been played around here for years, the less-played tunes would be worth having the CD all by themselves.

A good choice for the top of the playlist, my dear. 8)

And I agree... There is definitely not a clinker in the bunch on this one... :tup

Actually, all of those songs sound more dated to me than the ones on the Montrose album. I still love them, but they do seem more dated, esp. BTO

Maybe so... but I named those tunes mainly because the quality of the performance and music makes them classics. I've never seen someone turn off any of those tunes because they sounded antiquated. :beerbang:

bildo wrote:

No... just you, Bill. Just you. :tease:

bildo wrote:

Welcome to my world... My marriage has been on the rocks for quite some time now, but I haven't had much luck keeping my money in my pocket... especially with all the great tunes out there to enjoy. :lol:

As for shame... I'm not. Just call me the devil on your shoulder... :twisted:

bildo wrote:

Ah... I knew this day would come. :?

You caught me. :oops:

When I write a review on a new release, you're going to get both barrels, good or bad.

However, when I write a review on an old album, it's because:

A.) I love it and want to talk about it or give it the props it deserves.

B.) I love it and want to get the word out because I think it's been sadly overlooked.

When it comes to the classics, I'm certainly not going to pull out a 30 year-old album, just to trash it. That's not worth my time... or yours. Of course, some might argue that my "flair" for the dramatic isn't very helpful on an album that almost everybody knows either... :P

Of course, you don't have it... so I still managed to reach someone who I know can appreciate a classic like this.

My work here is done. 8)

Dragon235 wrote:
I think I did an album or two that received low-ish marks. I should do another one soon when this internship is going on.

Good review Steve.

Thanks. :B

I have too... but I really don't like hammering on someone's creative work. Just because an album doesn't happen to "reach" me, doesn't mean it won't reach someone else here. I always try to keep that in mind.

I always give my honest opinion either way... but I always try to find something positive to say about an album. After all, someone sat in a studio recording and mixing... and most likely left thinking they did something pretty decent. The fact that it gets to my ears usually means enough people are aware of the artist to make it worth a listen at least.

I agree about reading an album review for something hated being an entertaining (and also passionately written) review - though I didnt get the impression that Steve really LOVED the Pat Boone "In a Metal Mood" CD as much as this one. But I don't think he hated it either.

Let's see some venom fly from the keyboard!!!! :devil:

There are a few out there that didn't get raves from me... Look at JSS's "Lost In The Translation" for an example. I was pretty dramatic on that one... and not in an entirely good way. :P

That said, you'll see I did have some positive things to say about it too.

alsworms wrote:
One of the best rock albums of all-time. Another good one Stevester! :bluerock:

BTW.........has anyone ('cept the ladies, of course) ever had a problem with this album cover?? 4 shirtless dudes?? Any way I look at this cover, always looks to me like Bill is fixin' to give Ronnie some serious sausage. :barf:

Thanks, bro. :B

"Serious sausage"??? :shock:

Oh, that was the bonus track. Sorry, I forgot to review that one... :lmao:

That seems to be a 70's thing... A lot of shirtless dudes with hairy chests on those album covers. I seem to recall the back cover of a UFO album that was quite the Sausage-fest too. :P

Thanks for the interest in this one, everyone... :B

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:50 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
RockHard wrote:
I've heard he still delivers the goods live in a big way... but of course, I can't confirm that because he, like many of my favorite rockers, doesn't seem to ever want to leave California long enough to give the rest of the country a taste. :tsk:

Ronnie gets a pass.

I heard he was really not doing well for a while, health-wise, and I think I completely lucked out to be able to see him play - he did this one benefit concert for a women/children's shelter, after who-knows-how-long not playing, and that was Sept '07 and I have not heard any news of him since. I am hoping the next news I do hear is good news, that he is healthy and wants to do a gig or 2. But he lives just over that "red bridge that arcs the baaaaaayyyeaaaaah" (I'd be at his place in less than a day!) and i think that benefit show was more than enough for him, but he seemed happy to be playing and in really good spirits and seemed to be feeling well. He hung out after and I got a pick, a hug and a couple photos with him and he greeted a lot of fans and was very sweet. I doubt he'll take any gigs beyond the bay area, but hope he does feel up to a couple more at least.

He gets a pass.

So quit whining and get ur ass to where all the good music is. :P :tease:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:27 am 
Favorite Band: The Beatles, Y&T, KISS, Queensryche
The first Montrose album I was introduced to was Paper Money. I didn't hear the MONTROSE album until after I heard that one. But you can't deny that MONTROSE was a strong effort w/a BIG guitar sound. No band had a guitar sound that big and bold, not Black Sabbath, not Judas Priest, not even Frank Marino...... nobody!!! There wasn't a bad song on that album or Paper Money, a credit to the strength of the musicality of the band as a whole.
What caused the break-up is what causes alot of bands to break up.... EGO's. Ronnie had the ego to back up his spot as THE GUITARIST in MONTROSE. Sammy was the singer, that was his job. But he wanted more than that and he wanted to record HIS songs too but Ronnie wasn't budging. So after 2 amazing records that will stand the test of time w/true Rock Conisseurs he left, as did the rest of the band with him. Even so, Ronnie forged ahead w/his musical vision and though he never was able to get the same kind of chemistry w/future band members, he still put out some quality music.
Wheather playing w/Edgar Winter's White Trash or on his own you can't deny his talent as one of the premier rock guitarists of all-time.

I saw Ronnie after Sammy w/the new MONTROSE band line-up and also saw GAMMA four times. I was also fortunate enough to see the MONTROSE reunion show 3 yrs ago @ the Sleep Train Pavillion in Concord and THAT was a great show. Sammy and the Wabo's played for 2 hrs and then after a quick set change.... out came MONTROSE. They could've done a few more tunes but it was still great to see Bill Church and Denny Carmassi out there tearin' it up w/Ronnie and Sammy once more, playing all those great songs from the first and second albums.

What is your favorite song from MONTROSE & PAPER MONEY respectively?
For me it would be.....
ROCK CANDY (Montrose)
SPACEAGE SACRIFICE (Paper Money)

Michael :S

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
RockHard wrote:

Ronnie gets a pass.

I heard he was really not doing well for a while, health-wise, and I think I completely lucked out to be able to see him play - he did this one benefit concert for a women/children's shelter, after who-knows-how-long not playing, and that was Sept '07 and I have not heard any news of him since. I am hoping the next news I do hear is good news, that he is healthy and wants to do a gig or 2. But he lives just over that "red bridge that arcs the baaaaaayyyeaaaaah" (I'd be at his place in less than a day!) and i think that benefit show was more than enough for him, but he seemed happy to be playing and in really good spirits and seemed to be feeling well. He hung out after and I got a pick, a hug and a couple photos with him and he greeted a lot of fans and was very sweet. I doubt he'll take any gigs beyond the bay area, but hope he does feel up to a couple more at least.

He gets a pass.

So quit whining and get ur ass to where all the good music is. :P :tease:

Showoff. :?

:lol:

Ronnie does NOT get a pass, BTW. As the Lord and Savior of All Things Metal, I command him to get his ass back on the road! :evil:

It's not nice to screw with Lord RockHard the Magnificent... :tsk:

I'm so full of shit... :P

StruckDown_Forever wrote:
The first Montrose album I was introduced to was Paper Money. I didn't hear the MONTROSE album until after I heard that one. But you can't deny that MONTROSE was a strong effort w/a BIG guitar sound. No band had a guitar sound that big and bold, not Black Sabbath, not Judas Priest, not even Frank Marino...... nobody!!! There wasn't a bad song on that album or Paper Money, a credit to the strength of the musicality of the band as a whole.
What caused the break-up is what causes alot of bands to break up.... EGO's. Ronnie had the ego to back up his spot as THE GUITARIST in MONTROSE. Sammy was the singer, that was his job. But he wanted more than that and he wanted to record HIS songs too but Ronnie wasn't budging. So after 2 amazing records that will stand the test of time w/true Rock Conisseurs he left, as did the rest of the band with him. Even so, Ronnie forged ahead w/his musical vision and though he never was able to get the same kind of chemistry w/future band members, he still put out some quality music.
Wheather playing w/Edgar Winter's White Trash or on his own you can't deny his talent as one of the premier rock guitarists of all-time.

I saw Ronnie after Sammy w/the new MONTROSE band line-up and also saw GAMMA four times. I was also fortunate enough to see the MONTROSE reunion show 3 yrs ago @ the Sleep Train Pavillion in Concord and THAT was a great show. Sammy and the Wabo's played for 2 hrs and then after a quick set change.... out came MONTROSE. They could've done a few more tunes but it was still great to see Bill Church and Denny Carmassi out there tearin' it up w/Ronnie and Sammy once more, playing all those great songs from the first and second albums.

What is your favorite song from MONTROSE & PAPER MONEY respectively?
For me it would be.....
ROCK CANDY (Montrose)
SPACEAGE SACRIFICE (Paper Money)

Michael :S

I agree, Michael. Big sound... and huge talent across the board. :tup

Gamma was also a pretty tight act... The first couple of albums, anyway. 8)

I would have loved to have gotten to see that reunion gig... but as Shireen said, I guess Ronnie gets a pass... :(

As for favorites, I'd have to vote for:
Rock Candy
I Got The Fire

:BB Rock The Nation

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:13 am 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
Stumbled upon this review a little late, but a great album always deserves a bump...my personal story on discovering this gem. I got into VH when I first heard "Why Can't This Be Love" on the radio...that voice...obviously I was aware of VH before, but only the singles from 1984. Also keep in mind I was born in '74 and hadn't quite gotten into seriously purchasing music, later that year Bon Jovi released Slippery When Wet and my wallet has never been the same...Anyway, by 1988 I had all the Van Halen albums and also all of Diamond Dave's solo stuff...no Hagar. I had only heard the obvious songs, "Can't Drive 55," "Your Love is Driving Me Crazy," "Give to Live," etc.. my family were vacationing in New Hampshire that summer (the furthest south I've ever been into the U.S. unfortunately) and I had a little bit of spending money left (think I bought INXS's Kick cassette, which I actually don't feel embarrassed about, always liked that band) anyway I noticed a Sammy tape called "Red Hot" for like three bucks...figured what the heck he sings for VH now I picked it up.

I realize it's only one of several Capitol throw together cash-ins they did with his catalogue (put it this way, there are more different configurations of these compiliations, than the actual albums he did for the label) but it provided a pretty good sampler of his early material. Although my young, Top 40 radio listening ears were a little perplexed as to why he would be covering a Rick Springfield song...wasn't quite hip to writing credits at that point...then I started buying the Hagar albums I could find, which basically meant his Geffen catalogue plus "Cruisin' & Boozin," "Turn Up the Music,", and Rematch, was at least a legitmate best of. Recently found that on CD, but that's another story.

anyhoo....I just can't tell a short story when it's music I love...

In early 1989 I bought a Hit Parader special on the "Top 100 Metal Albums of All Time" -- the Montrose album was in the 70s, which is ridiculous but what did you expect from Hit Parader. They only showed a picture of Ronnie Montrose with a gun-guitar so it wasn't until I started reading through that this album featured Sammy Hagar. They mentioned the songs "Space Station #5" and "Bad Motor Scooter" so my interest was piqued. So I started combing the record stores for it without any luck. By then I had my eyes pretty well trained to spot cassettes on certain record labels. Naturally I assumed I was looking for a Capitol album...so it was by chance I eventually found it, and practically wore it out that summer. Ahead of its time in so many ways, not least of which is the full production, astounding for 1973. Listen to Aerosmith's first album then listen to this, seriously that snare drum on "Rock Candy" and "Make it Last" sounds at least six or seven years ahead of its time. Imagine my surprise when I found out Templeman produced it (again, cassettes were pretty shy on credits); let's see, self-titled debut, band named after the guitarist, Warner Bros, Ted Templeman...everything started to make a lot of sense to me.

Whew!!

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Cool story. That could be a thread where people tell stories from their younger days about tracking down various artists and albums. Why, I myself could talk for hours about how I acquired all my copies of The Elder. :P

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:42 am 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
All your copies of "The Elder"? Bildo, you have my undivided attention...a new feature perhaps?

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
bildo wrote:
Cool story. That could be a thread where people tell stories from their younger days about tracking down various artists and albums. Why, I myself could talk for hours about how I acquired all my copies of The Elder. :P

So, we know where most of the 6 copies of that album are

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:26 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Dragon235 wrote:
bildo wrote:

So, we know where most of the 6 copies of that album are

It's funny because it's true. :lol:

Profile  Offline

Topic Top