Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam news
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:13 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
PEARL JAM will be the featured musical guests on Conan O'Brien's first-ever episode as host of "The Tonight Show" on June 1. According to a post on the band's web site, PEARL JAM will perform songs from their upcoming studio album on O'Brien's inaugural episode, which airs exactly two weeks from today.

In other news, PEARL JAM is asking fans for help in deciding which live songs should be included in what apparently is going to be a PEARL JAM-centered edition of the Rock Band video game, due out next year. According to FMQB.com, Rhapsody subscribers can visit the band's official website, listen to different versions of 43 songs and choose which ones they prefer.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM filmed a commercial for retail superstore Target last Thursday (May 28) at the Showbox Theater in Seattle, according to Billboard.com. News of the shoot broke at AntiQuiet.com over the weekend, where it was reported that 300 paid extras were enlisted in Seattle for a secret shoot involving an unnamed act. The act was eventually revealed to be PEARL JAM, who performed a new song called "The Fixer" and two others while director Cameron Crowe rolled cameras.

News of the shoot led to speculation that PEARL JAM would release its next record, tentatively titled "Backspacer" and due out this fall, exclusively through Target. Manager Kelly Curtis confirmed to Billboard.com that PEARL JAM would issue its new effort without a major label and through a "consortium of partners" that did in fact include Target.

Curtis added that in addition to Target serving as the band's "big box" retail partner, the group will work with an online retailer, a mobile partner, a gaming company and some sort of network of independent stores.

As for the selection of Target, Curtis said, "Target ended up allowing us to have other partners. We'll be able to take care of all levels of the PEARL JAM fan . . . Target was cool enough to realize that little independent record stores are not their competition."

Reacting to criticism that PEARL JAM's relationship with a corporate partner like Target amounts to a "sell-out," Curtis responded, "I make decisions around the band's business that are consistent with their overall philosophy . . . We have the freedom to pick our partners and more control than we've ever had before. We're excited to choose who we're in business with."

Curtis said that some of the footage shot at the Seattle show could also be used in a project Crowe is working on to commemorate PEARL JAM's 20th anniversary.

Crowe, the director of movies such as "Jerry Maguire" and "Almost Famous", is old friends with PEARL JAM and used them in his 1992 movie "Singles".

PEARL JAM performed on Monday night (June 1) as part of the debut of "The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien", and at press time the band had been tentatively planning to perform new songs, including possibly "The Fixer".

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Anitquiet.com? Our old GN'R buddies... :gig:

:BB Shackler's Revenge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:01 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
In a revealing interview with author Joel McIver for Performing Musician magazine, SOULFLY frontman Max Cavalera discusses the art of playing live, the rigors of touring — and an unfortunate incident involving PEARL JAM.

"I puked on Eddie Vedder once," Cavalera told McIver. "It was on a SEPULTURA and MINISTRY tour. This is back when PEARL JAM were huge. Eddie was sitting to my right and the MINISTRY guys were on my left and everyone was enjoying themselves. Some of [the other guys that were around] were doing heroin, but I had absolutely nothing to do with that, I was just drunk as fuck. I'd drunk half a gallon of vodka before SEPULTURA played, so I was hanging out and being crazy and talking shit — and I couldn't help it, but a load of vomit just came out of my mouth and went all over him. He was real nice: he didn't care or nothing, he just got up and cleaned himself up and came back — and the minute he came back, I said to him, 'I need your autograph for my sister.' She was a huge PEARL JAM fan. People told me about this later, I don't remember it. His face was just [makes incredulous look], and he gave me the autograph and left!"

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm 
Well, I was at the guitar store and found out Pearl Jam is doing an outdoor show in Calgary. Done, I am so there. Aug 8

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:01 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"The Fixer", the first single from PEARL JAM's upcoming album, "Backspacer", is available for streaming at this location.
http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

The group's ninth studio effort will be available in two formats through their official web site, as both a special fan club CD package and a 180-gram vinyl edition. The latter comes with a 24-page booklet featuring original art by cartoonist Tom Tomorrow. "Backspacer" will arrive on September 20, with its standard CD release being handled exclusively through Target.

A seven-inch, white vinyl version of "The Fixer" can also be ordered through the PEARL JAM web site.

An excerpt of the track was heard during the July 14 Major League Baseball All-Star Game. The full song goes to radio stations and digital outlets today (July 20).

Following a handful of North American dates next month, PEARL JAM will kick off a series of shows beginning on September 21-22 in Seattle.

"Backspacer" track listing:

01. Gonna See My Friend
02. Got Some
03. The Fixer
04. Johnny Guitar
05. Just Breathe
06. Amongst The Waves
07. Unthought Known
08. Supersonic
09. Speed Of Sound
10. Force Of Nature
11. The End

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"The Fixer", the first single from PEARL JAM's upcoming album, "Backspacer", is available for streaming at this location.
http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

Hey Jim... You listen to this yet?

:BB Tremor Christ

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:01 am 
No I haven't yet Steve. I kind of want to get the full format when it comes out. I am sure that they will play 3-4 songs in Calgary when I see them. Always fun.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:35 am 
The Lord of Destruction
thinlizzy wrote:
No I haven't yet Steve. I kind of want to get the full format when it comes out. I am sure that they will play 3-4 songs in Calgary when I see them. Always fun.

Fair enough. I just figured if anyone here would be interested in a PJ sneak peek, it'd be you. :B

:BB Dissident

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder has been sued by a Canadian singer/songwriter for changing the lyrics to a song that he wrote. According to the New York Post, Vedder cut a version of Gordon Peterson's tune "Hard Sun" for inclusion on the soundtrack of the 2007 Sean Penn-directed movie "Into The Wild", but Peterson was not happy to hear that Vedder had altered the words in his recording. Peterson's lawsuit, filed in Manhattan federal court, states, "Vedder altered certain key lyrics of 'Hard Sun' . . . eroding the integrity of the composition."

Peterson also named Universal Music in his suit, claiming that the song was licensed without his permission. He is seeking all profits from the recording for the alleged "acts of infringement."

Vedder himself has not commented on the matter, but his lawyer, Gregory Clarick, said, "We don't see any basis for a copyright-infringement claim."

Peterson's original version of "Hard Sun" appears on his 1989 album "Big Harvest", which he recorded under the name Indio.

PEARL JAM released its latest album, "Backspacer", in September.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:03 am 
The Lord of Destruction
10-to-1 Uni owns the rights to the song... :lol:

:BB Dissident

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
10-Jul Oeiras, Portugal Alges
9-Jul Bilbao, Spain BBK Live Festival
6-Jul Venice, Italy Heineken Jammin' Festival
4-Jul Werchter, Belgium Werchter Festival
3-Jul Arras, France Town Square
1-Jul Gdynia, Poland Heineken Open'er Festival
30-Jun Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
27-Jun Nijmegen, Holland Goffertpark
25-Jun London, England Hyde Park
23-Jun Belfast, Northern Ireland Odyssey Arena
22-Jun Dublin, Ireland The O2
1-May New Orleans, LA New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:31 pm 
They must be milking the shows they did in Europe about a year ago and decided to double dip because they usually don't do it. Time to come back to Canada again. :bat:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM is spending $210,000 to plant trees in the band's home state of Washington as part of an effort to offset the carbon footprint left behind by the band's 2009 U.S. tour, according to Reuters. The money will cover the band's own travel and hotel contributions as well as emissions made by fans traveling to shows. The group wants to continue planting trees in additional areas in Seattle, Kent, Kirkland and Redmond.

Guitarist Stone Gossard told Reuters, "PEARL JAM is a band but we are also a business. We're seeing ourselves as a Washington business, a regional business that is acknowledging its carbon footprint and hoping to inspire other businesses."

PEARL JAM made similar efforts in 2003 and 2006, donating a total of more than $100,000 to nine organizations working on issues related to climate change, renewable energy, and the environment.

Vocalist Eddie Vedder said at the time that it was important for the band to use its status to bring these issues to the public's attention: "Bringing it up and saying, 'What are we doing to this planet?' — it's an obvious thing to be thinking about these days. And it just so happens that in our job, you know, there's a microphone, and people in front of it, and us behind it, and I guess we're gonna use it for what it's worth."

While many bands have attempted to make their tours more environmentally friendly, Gossard said that a "consistent business policy" was needed.

PEARL JAM has also appeared on several compilation albums dedicated to protecting the environment, including the live "Best Of Bonnaroo" set that pushed for the passage of more climate change-related bills.

Gossard said that being an environmentally conscious business is a good decision all around, explaining, "It's doable. It's not going to kill your company and if anything, it will enhance your company's ability to sell whatever it is selling by being good stewards of the land."

PEARL JAM will hit the road in North America this summer as the band continues to support its 2009 album, "Backspacer".

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM is spending $210,000 to plant trees in the band's home state of Washington as part of an effort to offset the carbon footprint left behind by the band's 2009 U.S. tour, according to Reuters. The money will cover the band's own travel and hotel contributions as well as emissions made by fans traveling to shows. The group wants to continue planting trees in additional areas in Seattle, Kent, Kirkland and Redmond.

They tour the US, but only plant trees in their home state. :?

Selfish bastards.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top