Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dee Snider news
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:17 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
Dammit, I read it.

I knew you would. No matter how hard you try, you can't look the other way when driving by a gory car wreck...

Dammit. Tricked again.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider recently spoke to RollingStone.com about his upcoming appearance on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice", which is scheduled to premiere February 12 at 9 p.m. Snider is a contestant on the show, alongside Clay Aiken, Adam Carolla, Lou Ferrigno, Arsenio Hall, Penn Jillette, George Takei and Paul Teutul, Sr.

When asked what was different about "The Celebrity Apprentice" compared to his appearances on other reality shows in the past, Snider said, "It's different than any other one. It's really all about the win. There is no social element to it. I mean, you're certainly with people and you have camaraderie and relationships going on, but it's purely fueled by the work and it's all about taking you out of your comfort zone. Some of the reality shows I've done have been about filming you in your comfort zone — this is about keeping you away."

Regarding whether the show changed his perception of Donald Trump as a person, Snider said, "Totally. This may be an image killer for him, but every person in the cast will you that he is gracious, welcoming, considerate and self-deprecating. He jokes about his hair and his assets when the camera is off. He has his persona, but it definitely changed my opinion of him. . . I don't agree with him on [stuff like 'the Obama birth certificate is fake.'] I said I have a different opinion of him, but I don't agree with his politics. . . . In his own way, he is the P.T. Barnum of his day. It is no coincidence that he is talking about possibly running for President at the time that we're announcing the launch of 'The Celebrity Apprentice'. It's not a coincidence. Saying sensational things like 'President Obama sucks,' knowing at the same time that he wants people to lock up their TiVos."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Well, his "Celebrity Wife Swap" appearance is coming on in a few minutes... I'll be watching that.

As for the "Celebrity Apprentice"... I'll probably watch that too. One of the few reality TV shows on the networks that I find somewhat entertaining.

:BB The Kids Are Back

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Dee has a sweet house... and his wife isn't too shabby either. :brows:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:

Sweet house- sweet wife.
Open house- open... :oops:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Sweet house- sweet wife.
Open house- open... :oops:

Not for Flava Flav... She almost hit him. :lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
More Dee news than you probably can handle. Check out the people guesting on his new album.

Dee Snider, the unmistakable front-man of the rock band TWISTED SISTER, will release his new studio album, "Dee Does Broadway", on May 8 via Razor & Tie. The CD features Dee's powerful voice and theatrical persona as he exudes his rock ' n' roll take on several Broadway classics. The new album will coincide with the release of his first-ever autobiography, "Shut Up And Give Me The Mic" (Gallery Books) on May 8.

"Dee Does Broadway" features several special guest stars, including Broadway and television icon Bebe Neuwirth on the DAMN YANKEES song "Whatever Lola Wants", Broadway legend Patti LuPone on a "West Side Story" medley "Tonight/Somewhere", pop icon Cyndi Lauper on SWEET CHARITY's "Big Spender", Clay Aiken of "American Idol" on the GUYS AND DOLLS classic "Luck Be a Lady Tonight", the stars of the Broadway hit musical "Priscilla Queen Of The Desert" (Will Swenson, Tony Sheldon, and Nick Adams) on SOUTH PACIFIC's "There Is Nothin' Like A Dame", Mark Wood of the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA playing violin on the "Phantom Of The Opera" ballad "Music Of The Night", as well a special rendition of "The Joint Is Jumpin" from "Ain't Misbehavin'" with Dee's oldest son, Jesse "Blaze" Snider. Songs are also featured from classic Broadway shows including "Cabaret", "Chicago", "The Threepenny Opera", "Anything Goes" and "Sweeney Todd".

"Dee Does Broadway" was spawned from a number of voicemails exchanged featuring "Broadway tunes" sung as messages between Dee Snider and Alice Cooper in 2009 and Dee's 2010 Broadway run in the Broadway rock musical "Rock Of Ages". Inspired to take this musical journey, the classically trained countertenor (who sang with his high school choir and always loud as hell) Snider enlisted producers Bob Kulick and Brett Chassen (whom Dee worked with on the metalized Frank Sinatra tribute called "Sin-atra"). The album was mixed by the legendary Ric Wake and Gustavo Celis, and features the incredible orchestrations and playing by the renowned composer/arranger Doug Katsaros and the bass guitar playing of one of rock's prolific players, the legendary Rudy Sarzo.

Dee Snider explains the process: "Over the past year, I have worked closely with my team and collaborators picking from decades of musical hits with only two rules: The song had to speak to me as a singer on some level, and it could not be a rock song to begin with. No 'Jesus Christ Superstar', 'Grease', 'Hair', 'Rent', 'Rocky Horror', etc. What would be the challenge in that?" He continues, "There are many who think doing an album of rocked out show tunes is pure insanity on my part. Apparently, they haven't seen any photos of me from the '70s and '80s. Could I have been in a more theatrical band? Ever since I was a kid, I'd heard the real power inherent in a lot of songs from musicals and this record gives me the chance to show it".

"Dee Does Broadway" track listing:

01. Cabaret
02. The Ballad Of Sweeney Todd
03. Big Spender (with Cyndi Lauper)
04. Mack the Knife
05. Whatever Lola Wants (with Bebe Neuwirth)
06. Music Of The Night (with guest violinist Mark Wood)
07. The Joint Is Jumpin' (with Jesse Blaze Snider)
08. Luck Be A Lady (with Clay Aiken)
09. I Get A Kick Out Of You
10. There Is Nothin' Like A Dame (with the stars of "Priscilla Queen Of The Desert": Will Swenson, Tony Sheldon and Nick Adams)
11. Razzle Dazzle
12. Tonight/Somewhere (with Patti LuPone)

Listen to the track "Cabaret" (to be released as a single on March 27) from "Dee Does Broadway" below.

Filled with entertaining anecdotes and candid confessions, "Shut Up And Give Me The Mic" takes you through the good times and bad with a heavy metal star who worked as hard as he played, and who did it all for his wife, four kids, and millions of fans. As lead singer and songwriter of TWISTED SISTER, Dee Snider became the poster boy for heavy metal, hair bands, and the wild side of rock. Now, in his twisted new memoir, he reveals the real stories behind the crazy makeup, the big hair, and badass hits like "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock". In his journey from every parent's worst teenage nightmare to Renaissance man, Dee avoided the usual pitfalls associated with rock stars. But that didn't stop Tipper Gore and the Parents Music Resource Center from targeting him — a fight that led him to testify before Congress with Frank Zappa. He may have been slapped with a Parental Advisory warning label, but, through it all, Snider stayed positive and focused on being the best he could be.

"Shut Up And Give Me The Mic" book signings:

May 07 - Ridgewood, NJ - Bookends 7 p.m.
May 08 - Huntington, NY - Book Revue 7 p.m.
May 09 - Mendham, NJ - Mendham Books 7 p.m.
May 10 - Madison, CT - R.J. Julia 7 p.m.
May 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Barnes & Noble 6 p.m.
May 12 - Detroit, MI - Barnes & Noble 4 p.m.
May 14 - Skoki, IL - Barnes & Noble 7 p.m.
May 15 - Kansas City, MO - Unity Temple on the Plaza 7 p.m.
May 16 - Norma, OK - Hastings 7 p.m.
May 17 - Tucson, AZ - Barnes & Noble 7 p.m.
May 18 - Tempe, AZ - Changing Hands Bookstore 7 p.m.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:41 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Some days, Dee really scares me. :lol:

:BB "I am the very model of a modern major general..."

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Marguerite and Bob Snider of Massapequa, New York — parents of TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider — talked to Newsday.com last month about their enduring marriage and their tradition of dining at White Castle on Valentine's Day. Watch the five-minute report below.

Because nothing says 'I love you' like White Castle's marinated onion bomb toots. :fart:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Because nothing says 'I love you' like White Castle's marinated onion bomb toots. :fart:

Well, you could argue that makes for an excellent test for a marriage. If you can put up with a night of that without moving to the couch, your marriage can probably survive anything. :lol:

:BB Haunted Castle Serenade

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider has assembled an all-star lineup of rock musicians for the Jam For Autism benefit show. The performance will take place at Westbury, New York's NYCB Theatre at Westbury on April 19. The evening will support Sid Jacobson JCC programs serving children, teens and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families. In addition to Snider, the benefit will feature BLUE ÖYSTER CULT's Eric Bloom and Buck Dharama, Debbie Gibson, John Hampson, Randy Jackson, Chad Kimball, TWISTED SISTER's Mark Mendoza, BLACK SABBATH's Bobby Rondinelli and MOUNTAIN's Leslie West.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider has assembled an all-star lineup of rock musicians for the Jam For Autism benefit show. The performance will take place at Westbury, New York's NYCB Theatre at Westbury on April 19. The evening will support Sid Jacobson JCC programs serving children, teens and adults with autism spectrum disorders and their families. In addition to Snider, the benefit will feature BLUE ÖYSTER CULT's Eric Bloom and Buck Dharma, Debbie Gibson, John Hampson, Randy Jackson, Chad Kimball, TWISTED SISTER's Mark Mendoza, BLACK SABBATH's Bobby Rondinelli and MOUNTAIN's Leslie West.

Damn. Dee is doing a lot for charity these days.

He won $325k for the March of Dimes last week on "Celebrity Apprentice"... and then got fired on the next task.

You just know he did that shit on purpose. :lol:

Unfortunately, I see he managed to forge a relationship with Debbie Gibson from his stint on "Apprentice" too... :?

Blech... :x

Tiffany was much better... but hey, it is for charity. :lol:

:BB I Think We're Alone Now

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:43 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
No new Twisted Sister music?

John Jeffrey of RockMusicStar recently conducted an interview with TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RockMusicStar: Your latest CD, "Dee Does Broadway", seems like a very natural progression from the "A Twisted Christmas" album you released in 2006. Do you see the relation?

Dee Snider: The Christmas record definitely led to this, for sure. And hearing the rocking-ness in the Christmas stuff, which I always did — I've always heard (potential) heaviness in non-rock stuff. I've always believed that if Bach and Beethoven were alive today, they would be in SLAYER and METALLICA, respectively. At a young age, I heard these show tunes because I was in the choir, and my parents would always take us to shows. I always loved hard and heavy music, but even this stuff seemed powerful tome, even more powerful than the way that it was being presented.

RockMusicStar: It obviously makes a much more defining point as a solo artist to do a record like this, than to do a straight forward rock record, which ultimately would not be much different than doing a new TWISTED SISTER CD.

Dee Snider: People have been talking about doing a new TWISTED record. Which I feel is like going "back to the future." You'd be making an old record in contemporary times. And I really have no passion in doing that. And there really isn't a marketplace for it. Those records really don't sell, and people have shown that they're not really interested in old bands making new music. If it sounds like new music, they think you gave up and sold out. And if it sounds like your old stuff, they're like, "Yeah yeah, we've heard that already, we just want to hear the original stuff (we know)." This record is definitely a degree of a career move for me in a way, but it's also something that I felt passionate and excited about, and wanted to do it.

RockMusicStar: At the same time that your CD comes out, you also have your autobiography, "Shut Up and Give Me the Mic", being released. What's your angle with the book?

Dee Snider: First of all, I wrote every word myself. Simon & Schuster (the publisher) didn't want me to do that initially, because nobody does. And if you believe the heroin addicts actually took notes.... Really? They couldn't find their dick, let alone a pencil. I never did any drugs and I've never drank. So I'm really a clean and sober participant, and observer, of the "decade of decadence." The book for me, deals with my rise and fall. It starts with the day that I decided I wanted to be a rock star, and then ends with me at my lowest point in my life/career, post-TWISTED SISTER, when I lost everything (in the '90s). I was completely down and out. They made me put an epilogue on it, but I was like, "Everyone knows that I'm doing well now." But yeah, the ending is so depressing. The epilogue skips ahead 15 years, where I'm taking my final bow on Broadway, on opening night, reflecting on how far that I've come back in the past few years. The book is really the story of my struggle, my perseverance, and it sort of examines how things happened, for better or for worse.

RockMusicStar: You mentioned that you have no desire in creating new TWISTED SISTER music. Can you tell us what the status is of the band?

Dee Snider: They haven't read the book yet, and I hope they'll survive that. I didn't talk any dirt about the band, and didn't expose anything personal, it's not my place. But I do talk about the inner workings and relationships, and there's some things in there that they may not be happy that I'm speaking my feelings about. But we have some festivals booked around the world, a couple in the U.S., about 6 or 8 for this summer.

The only Twisted Sister album I have is their last one- the Christmas album. It was pretty darn cool.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: Yngwie Malmsteen, Y&T
Saw this last week and figured Bill would have had this posted by now, but I guess not... :roll:

Who'da thunk? I think the arrangement on this is pretty cool, and Dee sounds really good....

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Dee Snider: People have been talking about doing a new TWISTED record. Which I feel is like going "back to the future." You'd be making an old record in contemporary times. And I really have no passion in doing that. And there really isn't a marketplace for it. Those records really don't sell, and people have shown that they're not really interested in old bands making new music. If it sounds like new music, they think you gave up and sold out. And if it sounds like your old stuff, they're like, "Yeah yeah, we've heard that already, we just want to hear the original stuff (we know)."

Sounds familiar, eh? :lol:

Sad but true.

bildo wrote:
The only Twisted Sister album I have is their last one- the Christmas album. It was pretty darn cool.

Oh, Bill. :headsmack:

Suzi wrote:
Saw this last week and figured Bill would have had this posted by now, but I guess not... :roll:

Who'da thunk? I think the arrangement on this is pretty cool, and Dee sounds really good....

Not my bag, man... but at least he can carry a tune.

:BB "It's Schammy..."

PS ~ I was skimming through Eddie Ojeda's solo album "Axes 2 Axes"... Had a very interesting cover of Eleanor Rigby with Dee on vocals. This version would have made Lennon and McCartney dive under the bed and hide. :lol:

Also good tunes with JLT and Dio on them, incidentally.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next